Look at the Signs

When you are looking to build a website for your business one of the first things you will need is a host. A good host may also provide you with your own domain name. I searched for a hosting company to see the different offers that they have. I came across Justhost.com. Before heading on over to there site read this interesting conversation I had with a "live" agent.

I was just about to leave there webpage when a java box popped up with a 20% offer. The pop up stated that if I chose to stay on the page I could talk to a representative right away. Here is how the conversation went.

Connecting to Agent...

You have been connected to Anni

Anni Says:Hey Wait!! I have just been authorized to offer you a 20% discount on our UNLIMITED hosting plan! To take advantage of this special one-time offer just CLICK HERE

Anni Says:When you are ready just say "Hi" and we can get started....

You:hi

Anni Says:Hi my name is Anni thanks for visiting Just Host today!

Anni Says:Is there anything I can help you with? Or if you would like to check out our last minute 20% discount, please CLICK HERE!

You:Why do you want to prevent me from leaving this site with a java pop up?

Anni Says:This is a great question. We support that feature free of charge and is included in all of our packages.

Anni Says:To take advantage of this great $3.95 a month offer, please CLICK HERE

You:are you a real person or a bot

Anni Says:I thought I was intelligent but you seem to have caught me out... I am actually a live virtual agent.

Anni Says:But I should be able to answer any questions or problems you may have. What did you want to ask me?

You:Why do you want to prevent me from leaving this site with a java pop up?

Anni Says:This is a great question. We support that feature free of charge and is included in all of our packages.

Anni Says:To take advantage of this great $3.95 a month offer, please CLICK HERE

You:bot is a keyword you recognize?

Anni Says:Ok, you got me, I am a live virtual agent.

Anni Says:But this isn't a bad thing, I should still be able to answer your questions, and best of all, offer you this fantastic 20% discount when you CLICK HERE

You:so "live host" is a lie?

Anni Says:You can actually sign up for Hosting with us no matter where in the world you are located. We have customers from all over the world hosting with us.

Anni Says:To get your 20% Discount just CLICK HERE

You:Will you lie about other things?

Anni Says:You get a free domain for life, free instant setup and you can host unlimited domains, plus, much much more.

Anni Says:Today only I can offer you this special 20% discount so you can sign up for just $3.95 month. Just CLICK HERE to get this today only offer!

You:Thats what I thought

Anni Says:Would you like to sign up for our most popular hosting plan for just $3.95 / month?

You:not if you lie on your website

Anni Says:You can only receive this special $3.95 month deal through this chat. So to take advantage of our massive 20% Discount (Equivilant to $12 off) just CLICK HERE

You:no thank you

Anni Says:Remember this 20% discount is only available today through this chat.

Anni Says:Our unlimited plan gives you everything you need from a hosting provider. Free domain for life, free setup, unlimited bandwith, disk space, email accounts and hosted domains, plus we give you an anytime money back guarantee so if you are not happy with our service for any reason, we will happily give you a full refund.

Anni Says:So what have you got to lose? Just CLICK HERE to receive your 20% discount.

You:This is not a chat I am having a conversation with myself!

Anni Says:You may not have noticed but I am actually just a virtual agent, so I dont fully understand your question.

Anni Says:You can try asking me again and re-phrase your question, or why not contact our freindly phone support team toll-free at: 1-(XXX)-XXX-XXXX they should be able to assist you further

I thought this was somewhat humerus so I decided to share it with you. The point of this article to warn you against people who scam you. If there is any sign that someone is trying to take advantage of you it is best to steer clear of them. If you already are with this web host please know that I am not trying to hurt there reputation in any way. I simply want to warn you of the signs of a scam. If they lie once they may do it again.

0 comments: